Chiribiquete National Park Fly Over - 1 Day
This is one of the last and biggest undiscovered areas by the western world
Travel with us to be one of the first ever travelers to see Chiribiquete National Park from the sky. The government has issued 150 permits for all of 2019 for travelers to fly over this treasure which FlashpackerConnect has been able to secure. This is one of the last undiscovered areas in the world, deep inside the Amazon jungle. With more than 2´500.00 square hectares of jungle and spectacular rock formations, the Guyanan Shield is one of the oldest formations in the world with some formations reaching heights of 1000 feet above the jungle floor.
Currently, the national park can only be viewed from the air as it is in the middle of the dense Amazon jungle, more than one week by boat from the closest town. Using satellite technology and recently confirmed by government exploratory fly overs, at least three separate tribes of indigenous populations have been discovered still living in isolation. Due to risk of outside disease and in an effort to preserve the indigenous cultures, the Colombian government has restricted all access to the park by land and has limited flights the area with a hard bottom on all flyovers.
This is truly once in a lifetime experience to be a true exploring of the unexplored. Permits are extremely limited so make sure to reserve yours today!
2019 departure Dates:
June 8 (Sold Out)
July 5 to 8 (Sold Out)
December 18 to 21
Scenic Flight - Chiribiquete
5:00 am Bogotá: Meet at Los Heroes Shopping Centre. Also you can go in a private transport to the Guaymaral airport. Arrival to Guyamaral airport outside Bogotá at 6:00AM.
We will fly strait to San Jose of Guaviare to refuel the plane while we have the breakfast.
After the breakfast we will go to the National Parks office in San Jose and have a briefing about the flight and National Park Chiribiquete.
Take off to Chiribiquete for a one-hour overflight over the spectacular Chiribiquete National Park, and 30 min return to San Jose of Guaviare airport.
If you are looking to extend your trip San Jose is an excellent location to explore the region. We can arrange for 4 to 5 days visiting smaller but similar formations to Chiribiquete, plus some other unique things in the Amazonian jungle and la Lindosa Sierra.
(Note: The itinerary may vary according to the weather or some other circumstances without previous warning)
Additional Trip Info
- Charter flight on an aircraft specifically designed for sightseeing from the air. Bogotá - San José del Guaviare - Chiribiquete - San José - Bogotá
- One-hour fly over of Chiribiquete. (The entire route will take 5 hours)
- Professional guide REPSE (Authorized and certified by the National Parks System)
- Medical insurance Policy
- "Entrance" or allowance to fly over the park.
- Licensed payment to fly over Chiribiquete National Park
- License with the civil flight Colombian authority to fly over the park
- Private Transport in Bogota from los Heroes Shopping Centre to Guymaral Airport and Return to los Heroes
- Comfortable clothes to the flight as we will be in the plane for 6 hours
- Powerbank or replacement batteries
- Personal documents
- Cash for extra expenses
- Please note, a maximum of 15KG is allowed per passenger
Interested in building a custom trip? We want to help you travel to places you have dreamt about.Build a Custom Trip