Express W Trek-4 Day
Join us for an unforgettable experience hiking the legendary W circuit
We invite you to have an up close visit to the massive granite towers that give Torres del Paine it's name. Walk along the breathtaking Cuernos del Paine and to be amazed by the stunning shapes of the Francés Valley. Also, get your breath taken away in front of the magnificent Grey Glacier, the southernmost tip of the Chilean Patagonia’s southern ice fields, where the ice blends into the clouds on the horizon.
Guided Group: Every Wednesday, Minimum of 2 guests and a maximum of 8 people per guide
Private Guided Group: Every day
Self Guided Trek: Every day
Camping without guide: $940
Refugio without guide: $1,255
(single supplement for camping $240usd)
Day 1-Puerto Natales – Las Torres Base Lookout Point
The day before your departure, you will attend a technical talk and briefing, and receive your voucher and map. The following day you must show up at 6:30 am to take the 7:00 am bus to Torres del Paine National Park (2.5 hours). That morning you will depart to one of the landmarks of the park, the Las Torres Base Lookout Point.
After the ascent, you will return to the Central Sector to have dinner and sleep.
Day 2- Hike Francés Sector
You will walk about 13.5 km(8.4 mi) along the shore of Nordenskjöld Lake, Almirante Nieto Hill, and the striking Cuernos del Paine.
During the hike, you will enjoy magnificent views of Los Cuernos, hanging glaciers, lakes, and the abundant local vegetation and wildlife.
You will have dinner and sleep at the Cuernos or Francés Sector.
Day 3- Hike Cuernos/Francés Sector
The day begins exploring one of the icons of the circuit, the Francés Valley. You will start early with a light hike to the Italiano Campsite. From there, you will begin the climb through the woods (about 2 km) up the Francés River Valley. We will continue to the Francés Lookout Point, where you will enjoy one of the most breathtaking views of the circuit, the view to the valley framed by the Hills Paine Grande, Catedral, Hoja, Máscara, Espada, Aleta de Tiburón, and Cuerno del Norte. It will leave you breathless! After this spectacle, you will begin the descent to the Francés Sector.
Day 4- Hike Grey Glacier Sector - Pehoé Lake Navigation - Return to Puerto Natales
On this day, you will reach the third milestone of the circuit, a place that offers one of the most unforgettable scenes in the park, the magnificent Grey Glacier.The trail goes around the Paine Grande Hill, the highest peak in the mountain range (3,050 m), with incredible views of its hanging glaciers. Walking amidst Antarctic beech (ñirre), Dombey's beech (coigüe), and Chilean firebush (notro), you will reach the first lookout point of Grey Lake, where we will see floating pieces of glacier. Then, you will return to the Paine Grande Sector and take the 6:30 pm catamaran that will take you to Pudeto. There you will meet the bus that will take you back to Puerto Natales.
Additional Trip Info
- Transport from Puerto Natales to Torres del PaineNational Park and back.
- Refugio Program: 1 night of lodging in Central Sector and 2 nights of lodging in Cuernos or Francés Sector, depending on availability.
- Camping program includes: tent, sleeping bag and sleeping mat.
- All meals: Dinner, breakfast and lunch (box lunch).Program starts with a box lunch on day 1 and ends witha box lunch on the way back to Puerto Natales.
- Pehoé Lake Catamaran.
- Torres del Paine National Park entrance fees.
- Welcome Kit: includes sleeping-bag liner, microfiber towel, water bottle (stainless steel), a map and a journal notebook. This kit will be passed to you at the office in Puerto Natales.
- Guided programs include a fluent local English/Spanish speaking professinal mountain guide.
- Guide (when not booked)
- Any service not specified in the program
- Additional activities
- Trip insurance - World Nomads, or Global Rescue
Interested in building a custom trip? We want to help you travel to places you have dreamt about.Build a Custom Trip