Amazing South - 4 days (Self Drive)
Journey past lava fields, icebergs, and glacier lakes on this 4 day self guided tour of southern Iceland.
Explore the best of South Iceland on this 4 day self-drive tour combining a relaxing stay in the beautiful countryside with a day in Reykjavík. Tour the famous 'Golden Circle' and the stunning South Coast viewing waterfalls, volcanoes and glaciers along the way. Add some exciting activities such as a snowmobile trip! Available from May 1 to September 30.
- Type: Self-Drive Tours, Short Breaks
- Duration: 4 days / 4 nights
- Areas: Reykjavik area,South Iceland
- Seasons: May - Sept
Arrival day | Reykjavík
DAY 1: South Iceland
DAY 2: The South Coast
DAY 3: Vatnajökull National Park
DAY 4: Reykjavík
- Tour the impressive 'Golden Circle' attractions
- See waterfalls, pretty villages and vast black sands along the beautiful South Coast
- Admire the glacial landscapes of the Southeast
- Enjoy Reykjavík‘s vibrant cultural scene and energetic nightlife
Pick up your rental car at Keflavík airport upon arrival. Depending on your arrival time, visit the spectacular Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa on the way from Keflavík International Airport. Head along the South Shore road and stop by the pretty coastal villages of Stokkseyri and Eyrarbakki. Continue towards Hveragerði town where nearby Eldhestar and Sólhestar offer horse riding tours in a landscape of lava fields, natural hot springs, volcanoes and mountains.
Accommodation in the Gullfoss/Geysir area.
Visit the famous 'Golden Circle' sights; Þingvellir National Park, Geysir hot spring area and Gullfoss Waterfall. Further along the coast you will see the picturesque waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss and be able to visit the folk museum at Skógar or the Lava Centre in Hvolsvöllur, the largest volcano and earthquake exhibition in Europe. Head for the village of Vík, enjoy walking on Reynisfjörur beach and admire the majestic bird cliff Dyrhólaey.
Accommodation in the Vík area.
Day 3: Vatnajökull National Park
Start the day with an adventurous snowmobile tour on Mýrdalsjökull Glacier before continuing to Skaftafell, part of Vatnajökull National Park, with its beautiful contrasting landscapes of glaciers, black sands and lush green valleys. You can also opt to drive further and view the spectacular Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon.
Accommodation in the Vík area.
Spend the day in Iceland's colorful capital city, Reykjavík. You will find a wide range of restaurants, boutiques and shops with Icelandic design, interesting museums, an active music scene and exciting nightlife.
Accommodation in a first class hotel in Reykjavík.
- Take a refreshing dip in the Blue Lagoon
- Ride the unique Icelandic horse at Eldhestar
- Experience a thrilling snowmobile trip on Mýrdalsjökull Glacier
Additional Trip Info
- Accommodation for 3 nights in the countryside, comfort rooms with breakfast
- Accommodation for 1 night in a hotel in Reykjavík
- Rental car for 4 days, with unlimited mileage and CDW insurance
- Pick up/Drop off fee for the rental car at Keflavík International Airport
- E-Itinerary with the tour map, location points, and pictures for you to view before you arrive.
- Driver Guide tablet mapping and navigating your personalized journey and highlights of surrounding areas. Including a GPS Navigation system, recommendations along the way, Wi-Fi, helpful information, a messenger system to stay in touch with us, our Driver Guide will instantly become your best travel mate
- 24/7 emergency phone line service
- Taxes and service fee
Interested in building a custom trip? We want to help you travel to places you have dreamt about.Build a Custom Trip